The Residential and Hospitality Services Health and Safety Office provides guests and team members with a healthy and safe campus environment. This is a critical component of delivering outstanding Spartan experiences for all. The office serves as a resource and point of contact for the Division of Residential and Hospitality Services regarding:
- Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Regulatory Compliance Oversight and Support
- Emergency Management
- Safety and Security Strategic Planning
- Environmental Hazard Remediation
Whether providing specialized training or responding to critical incidents, the Health and Safety Office is committed to providing the highest level of diligence and service to partners within the Division of Residential and Hospitality Services and the greater Michigan State University (MSU) community.
The Health and Safety Office operates under the guidance of a number of valued partners:
- The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) supports the mission and guiding principles of MSU through leadership, guidance, education and partnership to promote and establish programs in health and safety, protection of the environment, and regulatory compliance.
- University Physician’s Office facilitates compliance with existing state and federal statutes in occupational health as well as to optimize the public health environment.
- The Occupational Health Clinic provides medical assessment, monitoring, intervention and evaluation to MSU employees related to their occupational risks. The clinic shares responsibility for the health and safety of the MSU community with the Environmental Health and Safety Offices. Federal and state laws require these services. If you do not know whether you have occupational health requirements, please call us for advice.
- MSU Police is the authority for all police matters on MSU property including crime investigation, Homeland Security and parking.
- RHS Construction Project Planning collaborates with MSU Infrastructure Planning and Projects to plan, build and maintain the physical environment for the university’s housing, dining and hospitality missions.
- RHS Communications collaborates with the campus community and provides: internal communication for the division and campus residents; strategic, integrated marketing communications; news and media relations; photo and video services; printing and mailing services.
Contact Health & Safety
RHS Health & Safety Office
Division of Residential & Hospitality Services
Michigan State University
550 S. Harrison Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
Joe Petroff, CBCLA
RHS Health and Safety Coordinator
Jaci Sayen, MAEd, CHRS
Administrative Assistant II-S
Administrative Assistant II